Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mom's Visit!

Mom came in town last weekend! Words can't quite cover how good it was to have her here. We did some exploring around Capitol Hill (tried some awesome restaurants!), but we spent a lot of time inside thanks to the heat wave. It ended up being good though, because we revamped my room! Mom was so sweet and volunteered to help repaint my room-- I promise she volunteered! We got our supplies on Friday afternoon and started painting Saturday morning. About thirteen hours of painting, a new duvet and a few pillow shams later... we turned this:
into this!


We actually moved almost all of my furniture out of my room while we repainted, so my back porch came in very handy. Mom was so sweet to come and help fix up my room! It was a fun weekend together.


These two pics are a little random, but I found them when I was looking for "before" pictures. I took these the day I moved into my house and literally the only thing on the wall was my mirror hanging on my closet door! Thought my friends would appreciate my "furrowed brow" in the first one haha



Thankful for a great Sabbath Day worship at Capitol Hill Baptist. We sang "We Rest On Thee" and "How Sweet and Awful" and heard a great sermon on 1st Thes. 5... So thankful for that body of believers.

More updates to come during August Recess... I'll have lots of pics from the 2011 Smithsonian Folklife Festival and July 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks great!! I need your mom to come help me "flip" my room!! Hope you are doing well!! :)

    ReplyDelete