Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Hymn

Sorry I haven't updated in so long! (Definitely breaking the cardinal rule of blogging: be consistent). I'll do a life update later, but I wanted to share a hymn that has quickly become a favorite of mine! We sing it often at Capitol Hill Baptist. Hope you enjoy-- it's called, "All I Have is Christ".

"I once was lost in darkest night, yet thought I knew the way.
The sin that promised joy and life had led me to the grave.
I had no hope that You would own a rebel to Your will.
And if You had not love me first, I would refuse You still.

But as I ran my hell-bound race, in different to the cost,
You looked upon my helpless state and led me to the cross.
And I beheld God's love displayed, You suffered in my place.
You bore the wrath reserved for me, now all I know is grace.

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ. Hallelujah! Jesus is my life.

Now Lord I would be yours alone, and live so all might see
the strength to follow Your commands could never come from me.
O Father, use my ransomed life in any way You choose,
and let my song forever be my only boast is You.

Hallelujah! All I have is Christ. Hallelujah! Jesus is my life."

words and music: Jordan Kauflin, 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise

No comments:

Post a Comment