Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

 After a day of travelling (flying Jackson to Baltimore, train from Baltimore to Union Station, cab from Union to Thompson-Markward) I am all settled into my "humble abode" at Thompson-Markward Hall (TMH)! I was very thankful to have Cat Randall on the trip with me- she's a great travelling buddy. Even though were looked ridiculous with our 2 huge bags (2 bags each), the trip was very easy... I wish that I had counted how many times people asked us where we were going and for how long- there were several. One sweet older man decided to take us under his wing and made sure he pointed us in the direction of the taxis before we parted ways at Union Station (I'm pretty sure he thought Cat and I had never left Mississippi before ha).


 Three friends from State were already moved into TMH so we got to eat dinner together and catch up on how their internships were going. I'm really excited about the group of friends already up here!


 Here are some pics of the room... big thanks go to Emily for having a duvet cover I was able to use and to Mom for keeping it! It definitely served to brighten up the room. I also have a nice garden view from my window!

One last side note-- the original plan for this weekend was to take a bus to New York for the MS Picnic in Central Park but I don't think that's the plan anymore. I'm not too bummed though because some people are taking the train to Baltimore on Saturday for (drum roll please...) the Red Sox/Orioles game!! Yes, the BoSox are playing a series 30 minutes away. I'm so glad I brought my Ortiz jersey-T. 

3 comments:

  1. So...I'm so excited to get to read all about your time in D.C. I know you will have so much fun. One of my athletes/student workers and Madison native, Dan Hall, will be up there so if you run into him, tell him you know me. He has instructions to tell you the same. Ha.

    Cheer hard for the BoSox for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Holland family is in Culpeper. Stop by and see us if you're ever near by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Joe! I will definitely get in touch with you and Hallie if we venture over to VA!

    Katie-- Dan and I are working in the same office! I'll have to make the connection with him, he's become a good friend! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete