Sunday, June 13, 2010

Office Space

After my first full week of work, I am nothing short of thankful. The girl and two guys with whom I'm working have been so fun and welcoming! They are so patient when I ask a million questions (that's barely exaggerating) and always take me along if they are going somewhere in the building I may not have been to yet. I am really excited about spending the summer getting to know them! I hope that the jobs I do will lift a little bit of the burden from them and be a help-- since we work on the minority side, the 3 of them do the same work about 8 staffers do for the majority side.

I have a very nice table where I work and throughout the week I got more and more technology. I started with just the table on Monday, got the computer on Tuesday, and got internet on Wednesday afternoon! By Thursday I was hard at work on my first project which was very exciting.

Our group of interns has started to get really close, which I'm loving! The MS Society has a softball team so we all went and hung out at the Mississippi Mudcats game and ended up all eating dinner together Thursday night. Several of us also went to a Bible Study specifically for interns at Capitol Hill Baptist this past week. I had my day off Friday so my weekend began a little early! I spent Thursday night making my contribution to my good friend Drew's birthday present... It was a lot of fun and I'll post some pictures here after he gets his present (I don't want to spoil the suprise!).

No comments:

Post a Comment