Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Week in Pictures

My internet was down this past week so I'm trying to condense this post by using pictures for the majority of it... Each one is 1,000 words, right?

Last week Gov. Haley Barbour came to DC to hold a fundraiser for one of his PACs that promotes Republican leadership! It was written up in POLITICO so that was pretty cool and I was really excited to go. We had a lot of fun hearing Governor Barbour speak and celebrating being republicans! haha


Caroline, myself, and Emily at Haley's Fundraiser!
I had the chance to go see my cousins who live in Connecticut this past weekend! I took the bus the NYC then the train to where they live and had such a great time catching up with them. I got to watch my cousin Jack play tennis in a big tournament and went into New York City on Sunday with my Aunt my cousin Charlotte! Even though it was a quick trip, I'm so thankful we were able to spend the weekend together!
saturday...
Jack making a good save!
The beautiful tennis center at Yale!

sunday...
Charlotte and myself eating lunch in Central Park!


The boat pond in Central Park


Charlotte at the Alice in Wonderland statue in Central Park

I had work Monday and then Tuesday was the 49th Annual Congressional Baseball Game for Charity. Congressman Gregg Harper wore a Mississippi State jersey! It was a close game until the very end when the Democrats got 4 runs to secure the win... Most of our office sat together and a group of people protesting for clean energy and against "big oil" sat behind us! Despite the protesters, we had a great time!

Congressman Harper is True Maroon... 
Myself, Lauren, Chaille and Caroline cheering on the GOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment